Best Practices for Executive RV & Boat Storage Facilities
Americans are buying recreational vehicles and boats at record levels due to trends intensified by the pandemic. That’s creating a surge in demand for storage facilities that focus on servicing large vehicles. If you’re on the fence about starting a new business venture in storage and looking for the next big thing, this is it. The Toy Storage Nation Executive Workshop is where industry thought leaders provide information on the steps required to own, invest, and operate a facility.
Registration includes Speaker Presentations, RV & Boat Storage Facility On-Site Tour, Breakfast, Lunch, Cocktail Reception & Dinner.
When & Where
8:00AM – 6:00PM
Mission Inn Resort & Golf Club
10400 County Road 48
Howey-in-the-Hills, FL 34737
Discount Room Code: 0422G15 (first digit is a zero)
Code only valid by calling resort to book room @ 1-800-874-9053 (based upon availability).
Workshop Presentation Topics*
Investing (Presenter: Neil Dyer, Madison Capital Group, Blue Gate Boat & RV Storage)
- Should I build my site solo or invest in a partnership?
- Why investing in a luxury RV & Boat Storage facility is so desirable
- The most common myths and what to watch out for
Financing (Presenter: Anne Mino, Live Oak Bank)
- How to get the money to keep the project moving forward
- Does selecting a lender with RV & Boat Storage funding matter?
- Loan types to fit your needs
Operations (Presenter: Greg Ellsworth, Self Storage Consulting Group)
- How to prepare for success
- Operations begin with the right product
- Finding the mix of uncovered vs. covered vs. enclosed units
Marketing (Presenter: Steve Lucas, The Storage Group)
- How fast can I get quality tenants to fill up my site?
- What’s the right advertising mix – digital, print, radio, television?
- Setting the right advertising and marketing budget
Canopy Construction (Presenter: Robert Hayworth, Baja Carports)
- How to develop and build a successful RV & Boat Storage project
- How much to build per square foot
- What works and what doesn’t
Security & Technology (Presenter: Hayden Buettner, Noke/Janus International)
- Why it’s important to provide customers with a fully automated move-in experience
- How technology has improved the tenant onboarding experience and what it means to operators
- How smart locks allow for full contact-less rentals and automate the overlock and lock check processes
Enclosed Construction (Presenter: Matt Maurer, BETCO Inc.)
- Why now for enclosed boat and RV storage?
- Identifying the right property
- Codes/Compliance considerations
Software (Presenter: Steve Smith, Storage Commander)
- Will my software reporting include the revenue management needed to support the brand?
- What to consider when choosing a software
- How to select software to meet your unique needs
Ancillary Revenue (Presenter: Terry Anderson, Tenant Property Protection/RV Gap Coverage)
- How to create an ancillary sales center
- Storage Protection for RVs, boats, autos, and trailers
- RV Gap case study findings
Feasibility (Presenter: Jo Beth White, Development Services Inc.)
- The where, when, and why for location selection
- Difference between destination or site-specific facility
- Types of facilities and amenities
Legal (Presenter: Jeffrey Greenberger, Greenberger & Brewer LLP)
- What are the legal issues with vehicle/vessel storage?
- How vehicle/vessel storage is a totally different business from self-storage
- Why “borrowing” a self-storage agreement is not a good idea
*Topics and Speakers subject to change without notice