April 23 | Las Vegas, NV | The Mirage
For more information:
Amy Bix at 602-909-3910
Best Practices for Luxury Boat & RV Storage Facilities
With the boom of RV and boat purchases, now is the time to invest in equity-class storage solutions for these luxury toys. Customers who are investing in their dreams and the happiness that comes from freedom of travel are willing to pay for premium storage to maintain their assets.
Join industry experts for an in-depth discussion of the RV & Boat Storage equity class opportunity and the steps required to own, invest, and operate a facility.
Feasibility (Presenter: Jo Beth White, Development Services Inc.)
- The where, when, and why for location selection
- Difference between destination or site-specific facility
- Types of facilities and amenities
Financing (Presenter: Anne Mino, Live Oak Bank)
- How to get the money to keep the project moving forward
- Does selecting a lender with RV & Boat Storage funding matter?
- Loan types to fit your needs
Operations (Presenter: Greg Ellsworth, Self Storage Consulting Group)
- How to prepare for success
- Operations begin with the right product
- Finding the mix of uncovered vs. covered vs. enclosed units
Canopy Construction (Presenter: Robert Hayworth, Baja Carports)
- How to develop and build a successful RV & Boat Storage project
- How much to build per square foot
- What works and what doesn’t
Enclosed Construction (Presenter: Matt Maurer, BETCO Inc.)
- Why now for enclosed boat and RV storage?
- Identifying the right property
- Codes/Compliance considerations
Software (Presenter: Steve Smith, Storage Commander)
- Will my software reporting include the revenue management needed to support the brand?
- What to consider when choosing a software
- How to select software to meet your unique needs
Security & Technology (Presenter: John Bilton, Noke/Janus International)
- Why it’s important to provide customers with a fully automated move-in experience
- How technology has improved the tenant onboarding experience and what it means to operators
- How smart locks allow for full contact-less rentals and automate the overlock and lock check processes
Investing (Presenter: Neil Dyer, Madison Capital Group, Blue Gate Boat & RV Storage)
- Should I build my site solo or invest in a partnership?
- Why investing in a luxury RV & Boat Storage facility is so desirable
- The most common myths and what to watch out for
Marketing (Presenter: Steve Lucas, The Storage Group)
- How fast can I get quality tenants to fill up my site?
- What’s the right advertising mix – digital, print, radio, television?
- Setting the right advertising and marketing budget
Ancillary Revenue (Presenter: Terry Anderson, TPP)
- How to create an ancillary sales center
- Storage Protection for RVs, boats, autos, and trailers
- RV Gap case study findings
Legal (Presenter: Jeffrey Greenberger, Greenberger & Brewer LLP)
- What are the legal issues with vehicle/vessel storage?
- How vehicle/vessel storage is a totally different business from self-storage
- Why “borrowing” a self-storage agreement is not a good idea
When & Where
April 23, 2022
7AM – 7:30PM
Mirage Hotel & Casino
3400 S Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, NV, 89109
Our lineup of industry experts will provide the know-how to own, operate or invest in a facility.
Speaking Topics: Feasibility, Financing, Operations, Canopy Construction, Enclosed Construction, Ancillary Revenue, Software, Security & Technology, Legal, and Investing.
The following sponsors will be available for you to network with.