Boulder/Denver Executive Workshop
Best Practices for Executive RV & Boat Storage Facilities
The day-long, intensive workshop immerses attendees into the world of RV and boat storage, offering insights and best practices for investing, owning, and operating a highly profitable toy storage facility.
Attendees will learn from experienced industry leaders who will share their wealth of knowledge on all aspects of toy storage, from feasibility, financing and construction to technology, security, marketing, ancillary revenue, legal issues, expansion and more.
Registration includes Speaker Presentations, RV & Boat Storage Facility On-Site Tour, Breakfast, Lunch, and Cocktail Reception.
When & Where
7:30AM – 6:00PM
Omni Interlocken Hotel
500 Interlocken Boulevard
Broomfield, CO 80021
$190/night – special Toy Storage Nation Rate
Workshop Presentation Topics*
- Should I build my site solo or invest in a partnership?
- Why investing in a luxury RV & Boat Storage facility is so desirable
- The most common myths and what to watch out for
- How to get the money to keep the project moving forward
- Does selecting a lender with RV & Boat Storage funding matter?
- Loan types to fit your needs
Development & Operations (Presenter: Greg Ellsworth, Self-Storage Consulting Group)
- How to prepare for success
- Operations begin with the right product
- Finding the mix of uncovered vs. covered vs. enclosed units
Marketing (Presenter: Steve Lucas, The Storage Group)
- How fast can I get quality tenants to fill up my site?
- What’s the right advertising mix – digital, print, radio, television?
- Setting the right advertising and marketing budget
Canopy Construction (Presenter: Robert Hayworth, Baja Construction)
- How to develop and build a successful RV & Boat Storage project
- How much to build per square foot
- What works and what doesn’t
Security & Technology
- Why it’s important to provide customers with a fully automated move-in experience
- How technology has improved the tenant onboarding experience and what it means to operators
- How smart locks allow for full contact-less rentals and automate the overlock and lock check processes
- Why now for enclosed boat and RV storage?
- Identifying the right property
- Codes/Compliance considerations
Software (Presenter: Jeff Bailey, Yardi)
- Will my software reporting include the revenue management needed to support the brand?
- What to consider when choosing a software
- How to select software to meet your unique needs
Ancillary Revenue (Presenter: Terry Anderson, Tenant Property Protection)
- How to create an ancillary sales center
- Storage Protection for RVs, boats, autos, and trailers
- RV Gap case study findings
- Demand for ancillary sales center
Feasibility (Presenter: Jo Beth White, Development Services Inc.)
- The where, when, and why for location selection
- Difference between destination or site-specific facility
- Types of facilities and amenities
Legal (Presenter: Jeffrey Greenberger, Greenberger & Brewer LLP)
- What are the legal issues with vehicle/vessel storage?
- How vehicle/vessel storage is a totally different business from self-storage
- Why “borrowing” a self-storage agreement is not a good idea
*Topics and Speakers subject to change without notice