Best Practices for Executive RV & Boat Storage Facilities
Americans are buying recreational vehicles and boats at record levels, in part due to trends intensified by the pandemic. That’s creating a surge in demand for storage facilities that focus on servicing large vehicles. If you’re on the fence about starting a new business venture in storage, and you’re looking for the next big thing – this is it. The Toy Storage Nation Executive Workshop is where industry thought leaders provide information on the steps required to own, invest, and operate a facility.
Registration includes Speaker Presentations, RV & Boat Storage Facility On-Site Tour, Breakfast, Lunch, and Cocktail Reception.
When & Where
7:30AM – 6:00PM
The Westin Dallas Stonebriar Golf Resort & Spa
1549 Legacy Drive
Frisco, TX 75034
Discount Room Rate:
Online Book your group rate for Toy Storage Nation Executive Workshop
Call 1-888-627-8441 and ask for the Toy Storage Nation special rate.
Workshop Presentation Topics*
Investing (Presenter: Neil Dyer, Madison Capital Group, Blue Gate Boat & RV Storage)
- Should I build my site solo or invest in a partnership?
- Why investing in a luxury RV & Boat Storage facility is so desirable
- The most common myths and what to watch out for
Financing (Presenter: Bishesh Shrestha, Live Oak Bank)
- How to get the money to keep the project moving forward
- Does selecting a lender with RV & Boat Storage funding matter?
- Loan types to fit your needs
Operations (Presenter: Greg Ellsworth, Self Storage Consulting Group)
- How to prepare for success
- Operations begin with the right product
- Finding the mix of uncovered vs. covered vs. enclosed units
Marketing (Presenter: Steve Lucas, The Storage Group)
- How fast can I get quality tenants to fill up my site?
- What’s the right advertising mix – digital, print, radio, television?
- Setting the right advertising and marketing budget
Canopy Construction (Presenter: Robert Hayworth, Baja Carports)
- How to develop and build a successful RV & Boat Storage project
- How much to build per square foot
- What works and what doesn’t
Security & Technology (Presenter: Shaun Ferguson, Noke/Janus International)
- Why it’s important to provide customers with a fully automated move-in experience
- How technology has improved the tenant onboarding experience and what it means to operators
- How smart locks allow for full contact-less rentals and automate the overlock and lock check processes
Enclosed Construction (Presenter: Matt Maurer, BETCO Inc.)
- Why now for enclosed boat and RV storage?
- Identifying the right property
- Codes/Compliance considerations
Software (Presenter: Steve Smith, Storage Commander)
- Will my software reporting include the revenue management needed to support the brand?
- What to consider when choosing a software
- How to select software to meet your unique needs
Ancillary Revenue (Presenter: Terry Anderson, Tenant Property Protection/RV Gap Coverage)
- How to create an ancillary sales center
- Storage Protection for RVs, boats, autos, and trailers
- RV Gap case study findings
Feasibility (Presenter: Jo Beth White, Development Services Inc.)
- The where, when, and why for location selection
- Difference between destination or site-specific facility
- Types of facilities and amenities
Legal (Presenter: Jeffrey Greenberger, Greenberger & Brewer LLP)
- What are the legal issues with vehicle/vessel storage?
- How vehicle/vessel storage is a totally different business from self-storage
- Why “borrowing” a self-storage agreement is not a good idea
- How vehicle/vessel storage is a completely different business from self-storage
*Topics and Speakers subject to change without notice
- Baja Construction Co., Inc.
- BETCO Inc.
- Tenant Property Protection
- Janus International
- Self-Storage Consulting Group, LLC
- Storage Commander Software
- Live Oak Bank
- BlueGate Boat & RV Storage
- The Storage Group
- Development Services Inc.
- S3 Partners
- Cushman & Wakefield
- Kiwi II Construction, Inc
- AVID Building Systems