Go RVing is committed to keeping you up-to-date on the latest societal trends and market insights that are impacting the RV industry. As such, the organization releases monthly reports providing current trends within RV ownership and other reflections on market data.
The September 2023 report takes a look at the increase in female RV ownership and the continued appeal in the outdoors for this category of consumer. The report examines how the RV industry can address this growing market and better connect authentically through digital content.
Numbers to know:
- 13% increase in female RV ownership from 2021 to 2023
- 16% increase in women traveling in RVs from 2021 to 2023
- 61% of Millennial women agree they seek adventure and thrills on their vacations
Women across generations are embracing journeys that align with personal aspirations. Whether pursing new skill sets by becoming an RV tech or seeking a life rich in adventure, this presents an opportunity for the RV industry to enhance female representation both among its workforce and enthusiasts. To seize this momentum the RV industry can look to:
- Create and share digital content that highlights female RVers and their stories, showcasing how RVing empowers women and enable their goals from remote work to fostering meaningful family connections through travel.
- Expand workforce inclusivity by recruiting and training more females.
Personalized experiences are expected by more and more consumers. This means tailoring the end-to-end customer experience to cater to individual needs throughout the entire RV purchase journey, covering digital platforms, pre-shopping, dealership visits, and in-store experiences.
Go RVing’s mission is to inspire potential RVers, spark curiosity and raise awareness about the benefits and accessibility of RVing through rich, authentic and diverse storytelling.